Kunkumapoov
v/s Harry Potter…??
Well, this is about an incident that happened
today. My mom and dad are both working. Since I am having vacations now I’d be
alone at home with my granny from 10a.m to 4p.m. Since ‘m alone at home most of
the time I engage myself with tv or computers or books.
Now my granny never misses out an episode of ‘kunkumapoov’.(
for those of you who doesn’t know kunkumapoov is a Malayalam teleserial which
would now reach the 2000th
episode or something.)
Everyday when it’s the time for ‘kunkumapoov’ I take
my bath, that’s the general arrangement between us. It so happened that today
at that same time they were showing harry potter in HBO. I, being a hardcore HP
fan had no intention of missing out even a single scene. But exactly at 1, when
I saw my granny climbing the stairs to watch the serial, I went for bath thinking it’s the only
entertainment my granny gets. In my mind I kept praising myself what a
wonderful girl I am ..sacrificing HP for a local Kunkumapoov..!! I took my time
bathing and got out after half an hour.
I knew by this time my movie would have reached
its climax and I would still get to see the last 10 minutes of the movie. So I went
upstairs to watch tv and found granny still sitting there. I asked her “your programme
should be over by now, right..?” and I couldn’t believe myself when she said “oh
no dear, the serial started at 1:15 today... It has just begun!!” J J