My trouble with the bubble!!
Last
week i started developing a swelling in my right eye, I call it the bubble in
my eye!!..It was quite small at that time but within two days it grew big!
After shouting at my father for not taking me to the hospital right at the
initial stage, we reached an eye clinic.
It’s a really big hospital, and I felt happy seeing it!
Before
actual consultation with the doc came the eye test! This is the funniest part.
They took me to a room and made me wait there. The nurse who was supposed to do
the test was busy chatting with her friend. As I was waiting for her I studied
the room. I found nothing to my interest other than a whiteboard with some
alphabets and numbers printed in it in various sizes… By the time the nurse returned I had read the
board quite a number of times. In fact by then I had learnt the first two lines
by heart !! She came, she made me sit on a chair next to her.. she made me
close my right eye and made me read the prints on the white board with my left
eye! Aha!! I read it superbly without a single error.. After this one time
reading , I had learnt the whole thing except the last line which I wasn’t able
to read. She then repeated the whole procedure and made me read with my right
eye (this was the eye with the swelling ). Actually when she closed my left eye
I had a blurred vision but when she asked me to read , like a student, I read
out loud from my memory!! She didn’t ask me to read that last line for which
actually I had trouble reading!!!
Later
on I saw the doctor, she gave me some medicines and an ointment for external
application. I went back to hostel with all the medicines in hand..waiting for
the bubble to vanish fast.. but instead of vanishing the bubble started growing
bigger and bigger….. I decided to return
home and consult another doc before the bubble actually came out of my eyes!!
So today morning I went with my dad to another doc.. she glanced at my eye, and
exclaimed…”poor thing its grown too big….”,and made me lie down on a bed. I felt
a drop of liquid in my eye, then a prick with the needle and it was all over…!!..
The bubble bursted, along with it came out the puss and water…She wiped it off
with some cotton. And I was happy to have my eyes back again!!
On my
way back I was thinking about my eye test.. After the test the nurse had told
me “ your eyes are all good! U’ve got zero problem with vision.” I felt happy
hearing this then but today as my swelling still persists I cant help wondering
if the eye test actually worked.. Coz now I feel as if I took a memory test
rather than an eye test!!